Date(s) - Wed, 7 Jun 2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
St Andrew's Church Hall
St Andrew’s Church Hall, Short Street, London SE1 8LJ
Wednesday 7th June 2017
Course Tutor: David Farmer
This one-day drama CPD course immerses you in activities and ideas which you can take back and use immediately in the primary school classroom or drama club. The focus is on the use of drama strategies to support the primary curriculum, including still images, teacher in role, hot-seating, ten-second objects, thought-tracking and many more.
Participants have the opportunity to work with drama expert David Farmer, to discuss common issues with colleagues and devise solutions to put into practice.
The National Curriculum Framework document for England to be taught at key stages 1-4 states:
“All pupils should be enabled to participate in and gain knowledge, skills and understanding associated with the artistic practice of drama. Pupils should be able to adopt, create and sustain a range of roles, responding appropriately to others in role. They should have opportunities to improvise, devise and script drama for one another and a range of audiences, as well as to rehearse, refine, share and respond thoughtfully to drama and theatre performances.”
What They Said:
“The day was packed with easily achievable activities for all primary ages and abilities – and could be developed to link with all curricular areas.” – Claire Fletcher, February 2017.
“I was inspired to use drama straight away in my classroom.” – Katie Squires, February 2017.
“I have already been using some of the ideas and the children loved it. They even wanted to give up their break time to carry on!” – Jenny Carr, September 2015.
“Professionally led, highly informative, practical and friendly. Would highly recommend.” – Teletha Tapper, January 2015
- Learn to use drama games, activities and practical techniques to enhance creativity and learning in the primary curriculum, encourage group co-operation and have fun!
- Explore how you can use drama lessons and strategies to support literacy objectives, including speaking, listening and writing
- Develop critical thinking in history (including Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece and British evacuees in World War Two) using multimedia, improvisation and role-play
- Take away ideas for using drama to enhance science and maths
- Discover how to enliven school assembly presentations with simple drama techniques
- Includes a free signed copy of Learning Through Drama in the Primary Years by David Farmer and full notes of the day so that you can concentrate on participating in the activities
- Attendance Certificate presented
- Download Course Summary Sheet
This one-day Drama INSET course is suitable for staff from schools and other organisations as well as freelancers. It will benefit both those who are new to drama and those with more experience, who are looking to refresh their drama skills with a group of like-minded people.
Enquiries: Please email David Farmer or telephone +44 (0)797 321 7876.
Book before the end of February to get the Early-Bird Offer of £145 – save £60 (limited tickets)! The standard fee is £205 per participant.10% discount available when booking more than one course or for two colleagues from the same organisation.
NB Please complete the online booking form below with your purchase order or payment. An official invoice will be dispatched and payment can be made by cheque, bank payment or using the Buy Now button below.
What to bring
Comfortable clothing to move in. Light refreshments are included and at lunchtime we usually walk a few minutes to eat a delicious lunch at a nearby venue (lunch not included).
St Andrew’s Church Hall is a contemporary building conveniently located on Short Street, off The Cut between the Young and Old Vic Theatres, close to lively cafes, shops and restaurants and just a few minutes from Southwark and Waterloo Tube/rail/bus stations. You can view a Google Map for the venue here: https://goo.gl/maps/
Booking Terms and Conditions (including Cancellation)
Please read and accept the Booking Terms and Conditions.
The online booking form is below.