|Learning Objectives:||To encourage creativity To develop physical awareness To develop cooperation in group work|
|Recommended time for activity:||10-20 minutes|
- Encourage groups to think about using different levels with their body shapes, eg high, medium and low.
- You could choose objects from a play you are rehearsing or a theme you are exploring (see the drama lesson on Evacuees).
- Groups can also be given a couple of minutes to devise an object of their own which the rest of the class try to guess.
- You could make it a rule that after 10 seconds they must be completely frozen in position.
- On the other hand it can be fun if they are able to make objects that use movement.
- You can use the shapes created as a quick way into creating ideas for physical theatre.