Date(s) - Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - Sun, 25 Mar 2018
This is a brand new online course lasting 3 weeks with the following format:
1) An opening webinar introducing the course and the online content
2) Two weeks of online learning supported by videos
3) A second webinar with details of the final course assignment
4) Final detailed feedback
5) Places limited to 16 participants to ensure adequate contact time
Drama games and strategies engage students in learning through lively and fun activities. They can be adapted to teach language at all levels as well as developing teamwork, self-confidence and communication skills. This unique online course uses video clips of groups playing the games along with detailed explanations to equip you with a portfolio of approaches and activities to use in your teaching context.
The course takes you through quick warm-up and introductory games, as well as extended drama strategies such as freeze frames, action clips and thought tracking. We look at how we can apply these approaches to language teaching materials and in the final assignment you will be asked to adapt activities from course books or resources that you are familiar with.
Drama Games for Language Teaching includes:
- Easy warm-up games to use as break-out activities
- Ice-breakers and getting to know you games
- Lively games for reinforcing vocabulary
- Fun activities for exploring stories, themes and characters
- Drama strategies to bring photographs, texts and stories to life
- Live webinars and detailed online learning materials
- A free signed copy of best-selling 101 Drama Games and Activities by David Farmer
- A 3-week course with continual support at every stage and detailed feedback on the final project
- An estimated 7-8 hours study per week
- NILE certification awarded on completion of course content
The opening webinar takes place on Sunday 4 March 2018. The programme will be assessed by a final assignment (due on 25 March) and detailed feedback will be delivered within 5 working days of the end of the course. Certification is only awarded to students who successfully complete the final assignment.
The course fee is £175 which includes a free signed copy of ‘101 Drama Games and Activities’ by David Farmer. This course is a collaboration between NILE Online and Drama Resource. Participants will receive allocated tutor interaction and feedback in each unit they take.
Who Should Apply
- Teachers at any level who wish to introduce or develop interactive drama activities in the classroom. The focus is on language teachers but the practical nature of this course means that it is relevant to teachers in any subject area.