Date(s) - Mon, 21 Sep 2020 - Sun, 11 Oct 2020
This award-winning unique online course lasts 3 weeks with the following format:
1) An opening webinar introducing the course and the online content
2) Three weeks of online learning supported by videos
3) A second webinar with details of the final course assignment
4) Final detailed feedback
5) Places limited to 16 participants to ensure adequate contact time
6) All materials and videos available to download for six months after the end of the course
Drama games and strategies engage students in learning through lively and fun activities. They can be adapted to teach language at all levels as well as developing teamwork, self-confidence and communication skills. This unique online course uses video clips of groups playing the games along with detailed explanations to equip you with a portfolio of approaches and activities to use in your teaching context.
The course takes you through quick warm-up and introductory games, as well as extended drama strategies such as freeze frames, action clips and thought tracking. We look at how we can apply these approaches to language teaching materials and in the final assignment you will be asked to adapt activities from course books or resources that you are familiar with.
Drama Games for Language Teaching includes:
- Easy warm-up games to use as break-out activities
- Ice-breakers and getting to know you games
- Lively games for reinforcing vocabulary
- Fun activities for exploring stories, themes and characters
- Drama strategies to bring photographs, texts and stories to life
- Live webinars and detailed online learning materials
- A 3-week course with continual support at every stage and detailed feedback on the final project
- An estimated 7-8 hours study per week
- NILE certification awarded on completion of course content
Quotes from participants
- It is a fantastic way to introduce drama in the language classroom with a little effort. Every time I needed any help, the tutor was there to explain and clarify doubts. I personally believe this course will make my lessons more effective, student-centred and appealing.
- Now I’ve changed my thinking about teaching – every time I look into my course book I have lots of ideas about what I can do connected with drama.
- The course is inspirational – it encourages teachers to be more imaginative and creative during the lessons in a way to make them more fun and enjoyable.
- The tutor was very authentic and enthusiastic in his video tutorials, which was quite contagious! Without NILE I could have never done a drama course with David. What a wonderful opportunity to learn in a setting and with people I could never have met.
Monday 21 September 2020 4.00 pm UK time
Opening webinar and course content released
Friday 2 October 4.00 pm UK time
Second webinar and setting of final coursework
Sunday 11 October
Final course assignment due in
Friday 16 October
Feedback sent and certification awarded
The course fee is £150. This course is a collaboration between NILE Online and Drama Resource. Participants will receive allocated tutor interaction and feedback in each unit they take. Certification is awarded to students who successfully complete the final assignment.
In fact one of the most amazing things about the course is the course assignment. Really?? Yes, it totally surprised me… and if you want to know why, just click here!
Who Should Apply
- Teachers at any level who wish to introduce or develop interactive drama activities in the classroom. The focus is on language teachers but the practical nature of this course means that it is relevant to teachers in any subject area.