Drama Lessons and Live Sessions – for teachers, teaching assistants, drama practitioners, storytellers, freelancers!
Join The Inspiring Drama Teacher and get access to:
- Online Course Parts 1 and 2
- Monthly Live Zoom Sessions with teachers worldwide*
- Lesson Plan Assignment (marked and returned with practical comments)
- Course Certificate
- Drama Lesson Plan Vault – an ever-growing selection of Lesson Plans written by teachers, practitioners and experts from across the world working in a wide variety of settings. I know that you’ll find these incredibly useful in the classroom and studio!
- We can invoice your school!
*The Zoom sessions are normally held on the third Tuesday of each month at 1pm GMT. Recordings are made available soon afterwards in case you can’t attend or would like to watch them again.
Somebody Swallowed Stanley (4-7 years)
About the dangers of plastic waste for marine wildlife
The Great Fire of London (6-7 years)
Explores events & characters of The Great Fire of London (1666)
Go Kart by Michael Rosen (9-11 years)
Exploring narrative poetry through performance, writing & art work
Vaping (12-15 years)
Discussing the issues of vaping as they affect young people
The (ever-growing) Drama Lesson Plan Vault includes:
- Man on the Moon (3-5 years) written to commemorate the Moon Landing in July 2019
- Somebody Swallowed Stanley (4-7 years) about the dangers of plastic waste for marine wildlife, based on an inspiring and beautifully illustrated book
- Fairy Tales (5-6 years) exploring characters and plots from fairy stories
- Handa’s Surprise (5-6 years) based on one of the best culturally diverse picture books in the UK (uses Teacher in Role and Whoosh)
- Fire of London (6-7 years) explores the events and characters of The Great Fire of London in 1666
- Fractured Fairy Tales (9-10 years) retelling of well-known fairy stories, encouraging children to make up their own endings
- The Monkey King (9-10 years) explores the story of ‘The Monkey King’s Sacrifice’ and includes a cleverly written Whoosh Storytelling (story included)
- Around the World (9-11 years) offers a virtual tour of the world through drama (aligned to the Scottish Curriculum)
- Go Kart poem by Michael Rosen (9-11 years) exploring wonderful narrative poem through performance, improvisation, writing narrative poetry and art work
- The Tell Tale Heart (12-14 years) uses the famous horror story by Edgar Allen Poe as the basis for a thought-provoking and lively session
- Hamlet Zoom Lessons. (13-14 years)
- Antigone (12-15 years) covers the theme of Citizenship by exploring the nature of law and ethical dilemmas through the myth of Antigone (summary of ‘Antigone’ is included)
- Vaping (12-15 years) A well-researched and carefully structured session (or pair of sessions) for introducing and discussing the issues of vaping as they affect young people
- Feeding The Homeless during COVID-19 (14 years) A challenging and inspiring lesson plan based on a news report about a real estate agent in Cape Town, South Africa
In The Inspiring Drama Teacher, in addition to these incredible resources you also get 12 months access to:
- Additional downloads, checklists and course materials
- Monthly live Zoom sessions with the tutor (David Farmer)
- Submit your course assignment/lesson plan and receive practical feedback
- Assignment Webinar
- Course Certificate
- Access to a private Facebook page to ask questions and share ideas
Sanjna Kapoor recommends the Inspiring Drama Teacher
Freelance Theatre Practitioner
I love the way you have designed this valuable sharing experience in your on-line course The Inspiring Drama Teacher. I am deeply interested in understanding how to cultivate school teachers into becoming drama teachers in their schools. I live and work in India and more and more schools are getting interested in drama in their classrooms. I’m thrilled that so many teachers responded to my gentle nudge to attend this course. Thank you for all your precious books and wonderful sharing.
Sanjna Kapoor is well known for her passionate work with theatre over two decades, and for having built Prithvi Theatre into one of India’s premier cultural hubs. The Merchant Ivory film, Shakespeare Wallah, was loosely based on her family, which starred her father and her aunt, actress Felicity Kendal. In 2020 Sanjna was awarded the Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, a knighthood conferred by the Ministry of Culture, Government of France in recognition of significant contributions to the arts, literature and the propagation of these fields.
Join The Inspiring Drama Teacher Award-Nominated Course
- Subscribe to the course and get 12 months access to all the resources and monthly live sessions for £225 (plus sales tax in some countries)
- Payment Plans Available: 3 payments of £75
What They Said…
…about The Inspiring Drama Teacher
‘This course came to me at a time when I needed something to think about that had nothing to do with covid and it was a wonderful distraction, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.’
‘I have never had any formal drama teaching myself, but ended up teaching drama as no-one else would… David builds a layer of tools that you can easily adapt to create fun, engaging, powerful, and informative lesson plans. It is indeed inspiring!’
If you’re wondering whether to sign up for one of David Farmer’s courses DO IT! Whether new to drama or an ‘old hand’, you’ll end up with a range of exciting and fun drama ideas to freshen up your teaching, as well as making connections with other drama teachers across the globe and benefiting from sharing experiences and expertise.
‘Thank you for the amazing course. I felt very supported throughout. I loved seeing the activities in action! I have also received the drama books today and can’t wait to read them.’
‘You are a master and I have so enjoyed being able to share in your knowledge! I have also now thought about how I could empower some of the teachers at my school with drama skills for their classes’
‘The format of the course is just right. I’m supposed to be switching off from school for the hols! But this course is so enjoyable and I can’t help but be inspired. The units were interesting and fun to do – and manageable (time wise), a really well designed course.’
‘Thank you so much for all the lessons and the added extras. I am enjoying the straight-forward, step-by-step lessons. The timing is perfect as I shall use some/all of these ideas and stories in my lessons this term, after the students have taken their exams next week.’