This collection of carefully-planned drama lessons will give you plenty of ideas for bringing the curriculum to life, exploring stories and a range of themes. The PDFs can be purchased and downloaded immediately – just click on the image or title for details. The lessons have been prepared by specialist David Farmer and use a variety of drama games and strategies to make learning interactive and fun!
These inspirational downloads are a great way to experience David Farmer’s approach in your school. If you want to find out more, don’t forget about our live and online courses!
Purchase for only £4.97 and download immediately.
Primary 5-11 years (Key Stages 1 and 2)
Secondary 11-18 years (Key Stages 3-5)
Get Access to Drama Lessons and Live Sessions!
Join The Inspiring Drama Teacher Part 2 and get access to:
- Online Course
- Monthly Live Sessions
- Marked Assignment and Certificate
- Drama Lesson Plan Vault - an ever-growing selection of Lesson Plans written by teachers, practitioners and experts from across the world working in a wide variety of settings. I know that you'll find these incredibly useful in the classroom and studio!
Somebody Swallowed Stanley (4-7 years)
About the dangers of plastic waste for marine wildlife, based on a beautifully illustrated book
The Great Fire of London (6-7 years)
Explores events & characters of The Great Fire of London (1666)
Go Kart by Michael Rosen (9-11 years)
Exploring narrative poetry through performance, writing & art work
Vaping (12-15 years)
Discussing the issues of vaping as they affect young people
The (ever-growing) Drama Lesson Plan Vault includes:
- Man on the Moon (3-5 years) written to commemorate the Moon Landing in July 2019
- Somebody Swallowed Stanley (4-7 years) about the dangers of plastic waste for marine wildlife, based on an inspiring and beautifully illustrated book
- Fairy Tales (5-6 years) exploring characters and plots from fairy stories
- Fire of London (6-7 years) explores the events and characters of The Great Fire of London in 1666
- Fractured Fairy Tales (9-10 years) retelling of well-known fairy stories, encouraging children to make up their own endings
- The Monkey King (9-10 years) explores the story of 'The Monkey King’s Sacrifice’ and includes a cleverly written Whoosh Storytelling (story included)
- Around the World (9-11 years) offers a virtual tour of the world through drama (aligned to the Scottish Curriculum)
- Go Kart poem by Michael Rosen (9-11 years) exploring wonderful narrative poem through performance, improvisation, writing narrative poetry and art work
- The Tell Tale Heart (12-14 years) uses the famous horror story by Edgar Allen Poe as the basis for a thought-provoking and lively session including a range of drama techniques
- Antigone (12-15 years) covers the theme of Citizenship by exploring the nature of law and ethical dilemmas through the myth of Antigone (summary of 'Antigone' is included)
- Vaping (12-15 years) A well-researched and carefully structured session (or pair of sessions) for introducing and discussing the issues of vaping as they affect young people
- Feeding The Homeless during COVID-19 (14 years) A challenging and inspiring lesson plan based on a news report about a real estate agent in Cape Town, South Africa
In The Inspiring Drama Teacher Part Two, in addition to these incredible resources you also get:
- Additional downloads, checklists and course materials
- Monthly live sessions with the tutor (David Farmer)
- Submit your course assignment/lesson plan and receive practical feedback
- Assignment Webinar
- Course Certificate
- Access to a private Facebook page to ask questions and share ideas